Sunday 30 December 2012

New Years Resolutions

Hello!

Welcome to my new blog. I have had a very many New Years Resolutions this year. The plan is to throw a load at the wall and see how many, if any, or all, stick. This is a cheeky sideline project alongside my work as a freelance makeup artist; you can also find me over on No Makeup Day for yet another beauty and makeup blog...

Anyway... Let me take you on a journey back to December 2011. After working in a Charity Shop for a little while I decided to set myself a little challenge - only buy clothes from charity shops - for a whole year. That was my resolution for 2012. I managed it too!




I mean, I'm not saying it was easy! Shopping with friends became a little heartbreaking when I was taken to Topshop. And my beloved Boyfriend did get a little tired of 'standing in slightly musty shops looking at another dirty jumper'. But I stuck with it. I had a few rules, namely, nobody wants pants that aren't new. I would also do the usual clothes swaps with friends for something different to work and as a lover of all things vintage, I would also let myself buy the odd piece from vintage sellers.

I'm very proud of myself for sticking with it, I think it has become a scary sign of growing up that I was able to stick with something a bit difficult for that long! But over the course of this year I will be showing you all my chazzer-win (technical term), what I got, where I got it from, how I have changed it, how I have styled it.... A little day (ish) by day account of my shopping excursions, outfits and crafting, with a running total of how much I have spent (mainly for my own intrigue!) and the odd musing over items I have previously come by (Dior, Vivienne Westwood, Burberry, Cacharel... Hermes, some amazing vintage pieces and some things that are just plain crazy, but I love...).

So here we go! Another year is just about to start. Here are the rules I am setting myself for the next 365 days!

1. I will allow myself to buy one 'treat' piece before I start!
2. I will allow myself to buy 5 'basics' items to last me the year!
3. Charity shop purchases only, apart from vintage sellers, with a limit of £15 for an item, of which, it must be genuine vintage.
4. Pants, socks, tights - I want new ones please.
5. A girl needs shoes - I am allowed to buy shoes from anywhere I want to.

I can't wait to get started again! Wish me luck for the coming year and I wish you all the best for your own 2013's.

Naomi x



1 comment:

  1. excited to see this unravel! inspired me to do the same, but working in a clothes shop aswell does have too many temptations! but we'll see :) good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete